It is celebrated in 5 days
- Wan Long, cleaning house & temple and prepare for making merit
- Wan Nao, making merit to the ancestors and bringing sand to the temples
- Wan Phaya Wan, pay respect to monks & elder people
- Wan Pak Pee, start of the new year and light fire work
- Wan Phee Mai, the first day of the new year
The real water-festival is of course in Nan town and only in day-time, so you are safe in the evening or early morning.
When?Mid April (exact date change per year)
Where?In Nan town near the main bridge, but also in many small villages along rivers.
CHECK ACCOMMODATION ON BOOKING